Saturday 31 December 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR Retro Style!

I've been really getting in to Photoshop lately.

I started by transporting myself in to the 1950's to make a cheeky little Christmas card for my mates ........ I love the 1950's because it's just so cheesy!



My mates love the 1950's ...... especially 'Bad Fox Bertrum' who's mad keen on Babychams!



I then decided to try out my drawing skills in photoshop as I'm pretty nifty with a mouse .....


After watching a few 'youtube' tutorials I managed to knock up a pretty good drawing ...... you may recognise the pose from my blog banner ......


Then the fun began, transporting the cartoon me on to a few retro backgrounds ........ I've had a few early birthdays this week, so I started with a couple of birthday cards.





The postmarks I added for effect to make my digital cards look like they had been sent through the post.  They are special photoshop brushes downloaded free from Brusheezy, you can also get some great free brushes from fbrushes.com.

Lastly a new years eve card with a tropical theme ....... 


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!

I'm off to practise a bit more of my mouse drawing. 

Charlie xx












No comments:

Post a Comment