Saturday 16 April 2011

Grow Your Own !!! - FREE STUFF

Have been doing a spot of indoor gardening ........

Grow your own tomato kit, complete with seeds, soil and teeny tiny (slightly cheap looking) green house.


Not supplied with gardening tools so had to go get my own out the potting shed.

Dig soil over and sprinkle seeds liberally!

Apply buckets of soil over seeds and spread out!

Give seeds drinky poos!

Make a right old mess over the kitchen top.

Ooops ...... How the heck did that happen?

Place in sunny spot on kitchen
window sill and wait!

Sorry ....... haven't got time to wait, I'll leave them to grow and come back tomorrow.

This grow your own kit concept has given me an idea for something to sell at the Easter Fayre ........ grow your own herbs!

Basically there's really only one herb that
would be fitting on a Fox Project stall.

I popped down the local garden centre ......... took advantage of their 'two for one' breakfast deal, and then got some supplies. 

I'm up for that!

Hmmm ...... nice but not what I'm looking for!

Chicken storage ...... cool, but a bit pricey ....
maybe one day ...... I'd quite like to adopt some

ex-battery Chickens ...... poor things!

Back home ......... I set about making some little tags with left over 'Fimo' from Christmas.

I used my metal stamps to spell out the name of the herb!


Next up ....... get to work on some seed packet labels.


Sunny day ........ so decided to make the kits up in the garden.

I counted 25 seeds, wrapped them up and put them in to each packet.  Then I made up 20 bags of pots and compost.

Stuck the tags on the packets.

Threaded the tags on the compost packs.

Bish bosh ..... done .....
16 normal Basil and 4 Christmas Basil Kits!

Think I'm 'gonna' need a bigger display basket!

Hope they sell well at the Easter Fayre ..........

And for fans of my blog, I've made up a sheet of seed packet labels that you can down load and stick on to old envelopes when collecting your own seeds from your garden.


Just click the link and then press print:



After a month ....... Tommietatoes grew nicely!


Happy Seed Collecting ...... Love Charlie Fox xx


If you liked using this sheet, please consider donating a few pennies to my favourite charity,
THE FOX PROJECT Southern Wildlife Ambulance Network (Registered Charity No.1044928).
You can donate through your PAYPAL account via fox@foxproject.org.uk
Or directly at Fox Project Website - http://www.foxproject.org.uk/
Thank You
























2 comments:

  1. Well done Charlie! You are such a good boy helping to raise so much money for the Fox Project! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! Love all the photos :)

    ReplyDelete