Thursday 25 November 2010

Christmas Tree Decorations - BUY STUFF

Love it or hate it ....... Christmas is coming!

....... and if you are going to decorate a Christmas tree, what better way than to adorn it with decorations that support charity!

I've been really busy over the past few weeks, making Christmas Decorations to sell for 'The Fox Project  Southern Wildlife Ambulance Network'

I had a rummage around a few local charity shops to find some second hand fabrics.  I'm a big fan of re-cycling and supporting local charities!

.... found a lovely tweed skirt and some wool scarves.


I made a little heart template and cut out some shapes with my pinking sheers.

....  love cutting!

Time to get sewing and stuffing.


They didn't look very foxy ..... so I decided to make some polymer clay foxy faces to sew on the front.


In my excitement to get working with the clay I unintentionally tore through the cooking instructions on the wrapper, so I had to go and ask someone who would know how long my foxy faces would take to cook.

Pussy ....... do you know how long I should bung my
foxy faces in the oven for?

Right ..... Pussy says give it 30 minutes on really low, so here goes with the timer.  

..... she really is one clever Puss .....
If it had been left to me I'd have whacked it up to full blast,
gone for a sniff down the local park for an hour and
burnt the lot to a crisp!


Blimey ..... it's hot in there .....  better be careful!

Time for a cuppa whilst the cooker is doing its thing.

Lovely!


Here's a few photos of my finished decorations ..... think they turned out pretty good in the end.

I made some jingly ones as well as fabric hearts.





If you would like to buy any of my items, check out my Etsy shop!

My friend Diana has already bought some off me and is proudly displaying them on her mantle piece!

Diana and the Decorations
Sounds like a 60's pop group!


This is Tenner .....

Intelligent and reserved by nature, he was an orphaned cub that was 

a perfect prospect for release, until Fox Project discovered 
he was partially sighted.
At that point, captivity being his only option,
Fox Project had to encourage him to accept human company.

Happily he went in to long term care and adapted well to his
new circumstances with new fox friends.
He is playful and lively.

Tenner earned his name when he arrived with a ten pound donation from his finder.


Love, as always, Charlie xx










No comments:

Post a Comment