Wednesday 27 October 2010

Pumpkin Carving - FREE STUFF

Charlie Carves a Pumpkin


It's wet, cold and windy outside today, so I've decided to stay in the warm and carve my pumpkin.


I'm looking through my collection of vintage foxy postcards to try and get a bit of inspiration.


This Scottish wool blanket is lovely and warm!


I was really taken by my hand painted silhouette card, so decided to make some preliminary sketches.


Tum tee tum tee tum ........


I've made a PDF template of my designs so that you can give it a go yourself.






Just click the link below and press print:


http://www.scribd.com/full/40238482?access_key=key-lv74wcvhal3ypf5lkn8


Time for some scooping out.


I'm going to share the seeds with our Wood Pigeons later!




I placed my template over the pumpkin and scored over the design with a biro which worked quite well.


I then went over the design with a permanent marker, just to be on the safe side.






I scored around the image with a knife first, then peeled off the skin before carving chunks out of the pumpkin.  


Have you spotted the deliberate mistake?
I'm holding the knife upside down and it's far too big for me ....
of course I swapped it for a smaller one to carve my pumpkin!




Just a few health a safety announcements before I show you the finished pumpkin.


If you do try this yourself please take your time and be careful when using sharp knives ..... we wouldn't want any accidents would we?


Always use a tea light safety candle for inside your pumpkin.  And, if you are having a party and it's likely that your guests are 'gonna get a bit pissed up' please put your pumpkin in a safe place where it can't get knocked over. xx


And finally ...... a few snaps of the finished pumpkin! 


FOXTASTIC!


Cubs Side

Vixen Side

Love the shadows on the wall!

Dancing around the bonfire!











If you liked using this sheet, please consider donating a few pennies to my favourite charity, THE FOX PROJECT Southern Wildlife Ambulance Network (Registered Charity No.1044928).
You can donate through your PAYPAL account via fox@foxproject.org.uk
Or at FOX PROJECT website - http://www.foxproject.org.uk/






Pennies Make Pounds!

Thank You  - Love Charlie Fox  xx


Gallery 


Here's a few snaps of some lovely foxy friends who have used my template for themselves.


Tracie's 
Mel's

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely foxing brilliant! I love Charlie! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evelyn. Really glad you like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend wanted to show me your pages. She guessed that I would like them. And she was right. These pages made me soft :) I like all the foxes.

    (I have written some short fox stories, too. This one is in English.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely story Isopeikko .... I like it very much. Hope you enjoy following my blog ..... lots more foxy stuff to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen ..... I've just had a peeky at your blog ..... your work is absolutely beautiful. Think I might be spending my pocket money on some of your stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello CharlieFox

    What a beautiful blog you have. I see my blogging friend Isopeikko ( = Big Troll) found you, too. I gave him the link, wink, wink :)

    Your pumpkins are gorgeous, and so is your blog. I love orange, I love autumn leaves, I love foxes...

    Greetings from Finland! - Rita -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rita

    Pleased to meet you and lovely to have another follower who loves foxes.

    Glad you are enjoying my blog.

    Charlie Fox xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reply:)

    I put the link to your blog on my Facebook wall as well.

    Take care - Rita -

    ReplyDelete